2010, the summer of July was the first time I stepped on Japan. I stayed Tokyo for a week. And, I found many interesting things. The first thing I was impressed by was people. I didn't know any of Japanese but people were so nice. They had came to me to help me before I asked them to help me. What I knew was only my friend's phone number. But thanks to kind people, I could get to my friend at the Shinjuku station which is the biggest subway station.
Also, during the time, I had found many cute things. I went to the Fuji TV station. They decorated the station with lots of cute characters. I could understation how much manga is popular in Japan. In department also, I could see many characters including unfamous character. They even had food looked very cute. Cute things were everywhere even in the street. This seal picture is the sign for a sewer.
The town I stayed for the whole trip was located 40hours far from the center of Tokyo. Near the my friend's house, there was a park "Todakoen". Not like the center of Tokyo, it was a really quiet residential area. I saw many people sitting at the park and drinking beer. It was really good place to talk and chill. The scenery was really nice. Whenever I was back to my friends house. I felt like I'm in a rural place. I like the both side of Tokyo. Each one has their own speical attractive point.
The last thing I liked about Tokyo was the night view. Especially Tokyo tower was really beautiful at night. I went up to the building and saw the night scenery. I felt like it was telling me that "This is Tokyo". I wished I could have seen this magnificent view everyday. I also liked the brilliant light of neon signs. Especially in downtown, almost all of stores have their own special signs. Just looking at them was really fun.
It was very fun to find different things with Korea. And expept the insanely hot weather, all I had experienced became really good memory.
I might like to read how you are feeling about Japan after being here for a semester. I think your observations and comments will be very different from the new students. And I think you comparisons with Korea will be interesting.
ReplyDeleteI especially like your first photo. I would like to read some description of it.
Please left justify your text and enable anonymous comments.